I do love me some simple looking nails and lately, I have been obsessed with the Baby Boomer Nails. They basically look like your natural nails just better! Who wouldn’t love that?
Alessandro Strip Lac – a gel manicure
I do my Baby Boomer Nails with Gel polish but you can easily use normal nail polish. All you need is a base coat, a white polish, a pinkish nude, a top coat and most importantly a sponge.
Striplac – Twin Coat, Striplac – Babyboomer White, Striplac – Babyboomer Pink
All my gel polishes are from Alessandro. Their strip lac collection is amazing, you basically apply their gel polish just like normal nail varnish – the difference is only to cure it under a LED-lamp. The manicure lasts you about 2 weeks and after that, you can peel the gel off or if it still sticks to your nails soak it off with some acetone.
Baby Boomer Nails
But now, let’s start with the tutorial for our Baby Boomer Nails.
1. First file your nails, buff the nails surface and give them a wipe down with some acetone to get rid of any oils.
2. Time to apply your base coat. Be careful not to touch any skin. If you do so, you can easily get rid of it with a wooden stick or toothpick – don’t use any wipes as you wanna avoid getting any fuss stuck in your gel. Then cure it under the lamp for 1 min.
3. On to the fun part, take your white and coat 1/3 of your nail from the nail edge down. You should now have quite a harsh line.
Take your sponge and lightly dab over the middle line. It automatically gives away smoother transition. Cure your nails under the LED-lamp for another 60 sec.
If you, like me, have a slightly milky white you wanna repeat this step to get a more white looking tip.
4. To blend it all together, take your pinkish nude and paint the whole nail with it. Cure it under the LED-lamp for 60 sec. Depending on how pink you want your nails to look, you can repeat it.
5. All that is left to do, is to add the top coat and another 60 sec under the LED-lamp and you are done!
Natural Nails but nicer
I’m not gonna lie, it does take you anything from 30 min to an hour to create the Baby Boomer Nails but once you are done they are ready to use! No drying time, no worries about smudging or anything else – you are good to go.
It’s such a nice manicure and it doesn’t matter if you have short nails or long ones. It looks good on all of them. I choose to do a gel manicure simply because they last ages and give my nails some extra strength! And if you apply and take them off correctly you don’t damage your natural nails at all! In the first pic are my nails just after I removed my last gel manicure and as you can see they look just fine and healthy.
So how do you like my nails? What’s your favourite nail colour? Let me know in the comments down below and don’t forget to give me a follow here on my blog, my Newsletter or on any of my social media Instagram / Twitter / FB (I’ll be forever thankful).
Oh wow, I absolutely love this tutorial! I really love the colors and the nail polish comes in the cutest lil packaging!
☼ cabin twenty-four
Thanks Eena. Glad you liked it. xx
What Corinne Did says
Your nails look absolutely fantastic! Like new! And like they’d been done by a pro! Loving this tutorial!
Thank you, dear. Oh, you are too kind but yes my nails are my pride and joy ☺️. xx
Creative Nails says
This is a great idea – it’s so simple but it looks so pretty too. A great natural look! Will definitely have to try something like this out in the future – I only painted mine today so I don’t think I can take it off just yet haha.
Thank you, lovely. I hope you try it out but I totally get it – first you should enjoy your current manicure and I bet it looks amazing. xx
That looks so cute and clean. I need to try it!