Not every day is a writing day but maybe you still wanna improve and work on your blog so what can you do when you’re not in the mood for creating new posts? Here are the five things I like to do when I chill on the couch or my bed and work on the little things that keep my blog running.
Those 5 things are also going on more or less behind the scene of a blog. So you’re actually getting two things in one with this post – a peek behind the curtains of blogging and maybe some inspiration for little improvements for your blog. They can be done on a daily basis and don’t take up that much time at all.
5 Things for improving your blog behind the scene
- Promote your old content. This one I’m so guilty of not doing enough! Don’t forget your old content, it deserves to be shared too and why not do this from time to time or on the days you don’t publish a new one.
- Check if all the links are working. This is something especially for those who are all about SEO. Broken links can affect your rating and the performance of your blog online. To minimize that risk I started using Shopstyle Collective. And for all the other links I try to check up on them from time to time.
- Reply to comments & emails. Maybe there are comments and emails you haven’t been replaying to. Why not take those 10 min and do that. It helps with the engagement with your audience and brands.
- Blogger chats. On Twitter almost every day there’s a blogger chat. Interacting with other bloggers is really good for future collaboration or just to put you on their maps. Plus I like chatting to fellow bloggers and see how they are doing.
- Update your “about me” page. This is something you don’t have to do like every week but maybe over the year your blog content has changed or you wanna go a new direction. So writing up your “about me” page is a simple way of getting new ideas and inspiration.
I hope you find my tips on little things to do to your blog behind the scene helpful. I think these are great ways to improve your blog without creating new content and keep it going. Blogging doesn’t always have to do with wiring new posts but with keeping you blog up and running in many other ways.
Thanks for stopping by and giving it a read. Do you do similar things beside writing posts when your working on your blog? Let me know in the comments down below and don’t forget to follow me on Bloglovin or subscribe via mail to keep up to date with my posts. xx